Saturday, November 12, 2011

Beautiful Darkness - Book Review

Here's a little short review on one of my fave book series, The Caster Chronices (a.k.a., Beautiful Creatures and Beautiful Darkness).

Last month, I finished Beautiful Darkness, the second installment to the Caster Chronicles Saga. Hot on the heels of becoming amongst the other up and coming YA novels to hit the big screen, I have to admit that Beautiful Darkness is much, much more enjoyable than the first book. Stohl and Garcia clearly showed chemistry in their writing collabing and research. The first book, Beautiful Creatures, was shamelessly choppy and is filled with unevenly written scenes. Beautiful Creatures was everything done in books before: guy/girl falls in love with paranormal creature/being, guy/girl does everything to be with him/her, followed by unexpected twists in-between. I have not really read any books with witches and true magic since the Harry Potter series. Beautiful Darkness gives a reader fulfillment and leaves all the unanswered questions in Book 1 answered with a few unexpected twists in between. Lena Duchannes and Ethan Carter Wate are one of my favorite couples in YA literature, and BD was thrilling! I can't wait to get my hands on the next book, Beautiful Chaos...

No comments:

Post a Comment